DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Last update: 25th MAY 2018
Our philosophy and our commitments
At Velecta Paramount, particular attention is paid to backing up your personal data and ensuring that your personal data is kept whole, in addition to ensuring your rights are respected. We place specific emphasis on providing an enhanced level of protection for your personal data in accordance with the European regulation 2016/679 and the IT and liberties law n°78-17. The text of the applicable European regulation can be found here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu. Alternatively, you may visit the website for the regulatory body by going to the following address: www.CNIL.com
This version of the data protection policy is subject to change and is to be applied in its modified version from the date on which it is first issued onwards.
Your head of processing: Velecta Paramount
Personal data gathered on the website www.velecta-paramount.com or during any exchanges you may have with our departments will be processed by Velecta Paramount, domiciled at 50 Rue Castagnary, Paris, 75015, RCS Paris (Paris Trade & Companies Register) n° 300 460 011.
Your personal data collected by us
Your personal data will be collected each time you visit and use our website (finding out more about our products, placing orders, browsing, etc.) or during any exchanges - including orders and the sending of contractual documents – that may take place between you and our departments.
We strictly respect the principle of minimising your personal data and will never collect any data that is not necessary for the reasons referred to either at the time of collection or below.
You will be informed of the potentially obligatory nature of certain items of personal data at the time of it being collected. No response will be given to requests for which obligatory personal data has not been entered.
We may be required to process the following items of personal data:
- Data relating to your identity, as well as contact details: marital status, first name, surname, date of birth, nationality, home address, delivery address and billing address, telephone number (landline and mobile), email address
- Data relating to any orders you may have placed and their status: orders placed, delivery details, customer histories, payment tracking, bank details
- Information relating to your use of our website: username, password, IP address, your browsing details, monitoring information for your programmes, your product preferences, cookies, etc. For more information on our cookies policy, trackers, and collecting system, please see below:
- Data relating to your physical or biological characteristics, data relating to your hair (including your hair colour) or your lifestyle habits (including how you treat and take care of your hair).
Our use of your personal data
We are required to use your personal data for purposes which are described in our collection forms, for account creation or during any exchanges that may take place between you and our departments; your personal data will primarily be collected for the following purposes:
- Your information on our products - Communicating with us
Should you consent to it or if you are a Velecta Paramount customer, we may use your personal data in order to send you information on our products and special offers or to send you our newsletter. For this we may use the relevant personal data.
We may also use your personal data to send you (either by email or by phone) information regarding your order and its progress, as well as your invoices and contractual documents. This personal data may also be used in order to meet our legal obligations and in relation to our after-sales service, in addition to being used in order to compile your customer history and, more generally, for the purposes of managing our customer relations.
- Your orders and our customer follow-up
We use your personal data for the purposes of completing your orders, making deliveries, editing and sending your invoices, operating our after-sales service and fulfilling our legal obligations, particularly with regards to warranties and withdrawals as the case may be; we will also use your personal data in order to compile your customer history (previous orders, incidents, etc.)
- Your payments
Your bank details (linked to a natural person) will be used for purposes linked to the payment of your orders; these will be collected by our service provider, BNP Paribas, who will ensure that all of your bank details are kept confidential.
- Protection against attempted fraud
Any personal data collected may be used in order to combat fraud, particularly with regards to previously made payments or direct debits. To this end, this data may be sent to our payment security service providers.
- Targeted advertising
It is possible that we will use your personal data for the purposes of targeted advertising on our website or for partner adverts. This data may be crossed with other data (including browsing data), with the goal being to send you promotional messages in keeping with your areas of interest.
Surveys and client statistics
Some data may be used for statistical purposes, including evaluating your level of satisfaction and improving our products, or even measuring use of our website www.velecta-paramount.com. All personal data will be kept anonymous for this purpose.
Grounds for the use of your personal data by Velecta Paramount
In accordance with the regulation, Velecta Paramount may use your personal data on the following grounds:
- Your consent to us using your personal data: you agree to your personal data being used via express consent (tickbox, clicking “Accept” or “Confirm”, etc.). You may withdraw this consent at any time under the conditions set out below
- The existence of a contract between Velecta Paramount and you (orders, confirmation of terms and conditions, etc.): in such cases, the use of personal data will be justified for the purposes of fulfilling the contract (delivery, customer follow-up and after-sales service, payments, invoicing, etc.)
- Legitimate interest on the part of Velecta Paramount with regards to the use of your personal data, provided this proportionate interest is in keeping with your fundamental rights and your privacy
- The Law or regulation in force in cases where these result in obligations for Velecta Paramount with regards to the use of your personal data
Methods and duration for retention for your personal data
Within Velecta Paramount, your personal data will be managed as part of a three-stage process:
- an active stage where the data is retained in an “active” base for the time indicated below: at this point, your personal data will only be accessible to those employees with an operational need to access it for the purposes of carrying out authorised use
- an archiving stage (for a period of time added on to the period of retention in the “active” base) in cases where there are legitimate grounds for this: your personal data will be archived with restricted access for a limited period of time
- a deletion or anonymisation stage: subsequent to additional archiving in accordance with the timeframes listed below, your personal data will be deleted or rendered anonymous (in such a way that it no longer constitutes personal data revealing your identity).
Below you will find the applicable retention periods for your personal data within Velecta Paramount:
We employ a variety of systems for collecting personal data, including cookies on our website for which your consent will be sought; this will concern the following cookies:
- cookies required for optimised use of the site
- performance cookies (used for the purposes of compiling statistics and traffic levels for the site) and functional cookies. These collect information with regards to your use of the site and enable us to customise our offers
- third party cookies, used to target adverts likely to interest you in accordance with the areas of interest identified for you (for issuance and processing, these cookies fall within the scope of the policy applied by the third party and not the policy applied by Velecta Paramount)
- analytics cookies, which enable us to develop an understanding of and analyse your use of our site, in addition to your browsing history prior to visiting our site in order to make a distinction between visitors
We may also issue third party cookies enabling us to share content from our website with third parties or tools for indicating your appreciation (e.g.: “Likes” on social media); it is then possible that you will be identified by the social media platform who may track your browsing. It will be your responsibility to make yourself aware of their privacy and cookies policies, given that Velecta Paramount are separate from these platforms.
Withdrawing your consent in relation to the collection and use of your personal data
The consent you have given for your personal data to be collected may be withdrawn by sending an email (email@example.com) or a letter (to the addresses listed in the heading) to our DPO. For this, you must include your first name, your surname, your email address and your home address. You must also specify the nature and precise subject of your withdrawal request.
You may also send us any comments you may wish to make with regards to your personal data. Velecta Paramount will pay particular attention to ensuring your rights are respected.
You may also review your consent to third party cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser in order to prevent these from being filed.
You may exercise your right to access, rectify, delete, oppose or limit your data, as well as your right to portability, by sending en email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to the following address: Velecta Paramount - Data Protection Officer - 50 Rue Castagnary, Paris, 75015, including your first name, surname, home address and email address (and, where applicable, your customer reference numbers), in addition to the subject of your request in clear, legible terms. In order for Velecta Paramount to be able to determine that the request has in fact been issued by the individual to whom the personal data relates, we would ask that you include a copy of a proof of identity with your request. Velecta Paramount commit to responding to your verified request within one month of it being received.
Should any difficulties arise, you may contact our data protection officer directly by sending an email to email@example.com. You may also contact the CNIL (the National Commission for IT and Liberties).
Subcontractors and partners of Velecta Paramount
Velecta Paramount may pass on your personal data to subcontractors providing services where your data will be used, ensuring the purposes stipulated in this document are respected; subcontractors of Velecta Paramount must grant your personal data the same level of privacy as Velecta Paramount and, with regards to the latter, agree to be fully compliant with the regulation governing personal data, specifically the GDPR.